24/7 Premium Technical Support and Maintenance
A true 24/7 service, the Premium Maintenance Agreement provides businesses with around the clock support. Ideal for Enterprise organisations requiring expert support immediately, day or night.
Technical Support Summary
General Technical Support
A Swivel Secure premium support customer is entitled to access Swivel Secure’s Knowledge Base. Customers can also contact Swivel Secure’s Support team to raise general enquiries with regard to the Licensed Software and to address faults within a Swivel Secure installation.
For general enquiries, customers should contact the partner who supplied the authentication solution for tailored support. Customers can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and Swivel Secure will seek to provide an initial response within one Business Day any day of the week.
Reporting of Faults
Reporting and resolving faults with the Licensed Software is handled as follows.
The following fault classifications are used by Swivel Secure:
|P1||Service wide fault, aﬀecting all users and all services.||Swivel Secure service fails to start.|
|P2||Fault aﬀecting some services for all users or all service for some users.||Integration with a VPN fails. Issue with AD integration deletes multiple accounts.|
|P3||Fault aﬀecting a small minority of users or aﬀecting an ancillary service.||Problems with a few accounts. Issues with logging etc.|
|P4||General enquiry, cosmetic issue or feature request||Request for new feature or change of wording.|
Initial contact is made either through the Swivel Secure Support Portal which is accessible at https://supportdesk.swivelsecure.com/login/user or by email email@example.com. In addition, for P1 and P2 faults, Customers must also call the
Swivel Secure Support Desk on +44 (0)1134 860 123 (press #1 for Support). (Additional numbers may be added at any time including global regional
To be able to use the Swivel Secure Support Portal an account is required. Customers can register on the support portal by clicking
the “Register” button on the login page.
It is the customers responsibility to provide as much relevant information in the first instance in order help Swivel Secure to resolve the fault in a timely manner.
A receipt for the fault notification made, as required above, is sent via email by Swivel Secure within one hour. If such receipt email is not received within that time then Swivel Secure Support Desk should be contacted, by telephone +44 (0)1134 860 123 (press #1 for support) to confirm that the fault notification has been received.
Swivel Secure determines the priority classification of a notified fault.
Swivel Secure responds within 2 hours from receipt of the original fault notification by email or telephone as appropriate. The response will have confirmation of priority classification and a plan of action or relevant follow up questions.
A Premium Maintenance Agreement provides support cover 24 hours a day 7 days a week for customers. Swivel Secure uses all reasonable endeavours to resolve any notified P1 or P2 fault within one Business Day, any notified P3 fault within five Business Days and any notified P4 fault within ten Business Days (unless development work is required for a feature request).
If the fault is caused by a defect in any element of the Licensed Software, then Swivel Secure uses all reasonable endeavours to issue a patch/upgrade to remedy the fault within the following timescales.
Patches are only issued by Swivel Secure for supported versions of Swivel Secure software. If a fault is reported in an unsupported version of Swivel Secure software, an upgrade to a supported version would be required. If the fault still remains after the upgrade, then a patch will be issued for the supported version.
Swivel Secure supports any software version for a period of a minimum of 24 months after the immediately following software version is released.
|P1||Emergency Patch within 48 Business Hours|
|P2||Emergency Patch within 48 Business Hours|
|P3||Patch/Upgrade within 5 Business Days|
|P4||Feature request in line with software release cycles|
Software Subscription Support
A premium maintenance agreement customer is entitled to the following:
Each in-version upgrade that occurs during the term of the subscription (that is, with a version number that is incremented to the right of the decimal point, e.g. v3.8 to v3.9, v4.0 to v4.1).
Maintenance releases, patch fixes and error corrections, which are available for download from Swivel Secure’s website.
Access to related utilities and features, including change pin type applications and new integration options.
Maintenance and support is provided on Swivel Secure’s prevailing terms and conditions.
• Maintenance and support contracts are for a minimum 12-month term with payment in advance.
• If maintenance and support is terminated for any reason there is no refund of monies already paid.
• Swivel Secure is entitled to suspend provision of maintenance and/or support if Customer is in payment default to either Swivel Secure or its distributor or reseller.
• Such maintenance and support as is required by Customer must at all times be in respect of Customer’s maximum possible total usage for the Licensed Software (and regardless of whether Customer is in fact using its maximum possible total usage).
• Swivel Secure does not permit a reduction in the maximum total usage acquired by Customer and therefore it is not possible at any time to reduce maximum possible total usage.
• If Customer does not renew maintenance and support in respect of Licensed Software with eﬀect from immediately after the end of the current term, it may subsequently renew maintenance and support in respect of the Licensed Software provided that (i) a reinstatement fee is payable by Customer at Swivel Secure’s then prevailing rate and (ii) renewal will be back dated to immediately after the end of the latest term and fees shall be calculated accordingly.
• Customer must provide Swivel Secure with access to its systems (including, without limitation, remote access) to enable Swivel Secure to perform support.
• Should any notified fault be caused by an upgrade to a Customer system to which the Licensed Software integrates then Swivel Secure shall use its reasonable endeavours to resolve the issue but cannot accept any responsibility if the fault cannot be resolved.
• Swivel Secure will have no obligation to provide maintenance/support in respect of any fault caused by (a) the improper use of the Licensed Software or (b) any alteration to the Licensed Software made without Swivel Secure’s approval.